THE LACK OF MEANING OF THE WORD “PERIOD”, or “NEVER TRUST ANYONE WHO IS UNTRUSTWORTHY”
- Posted by Walt W on December 7, 2013
- View Blog
Most people can readily agree that, when used at the end of a statement in the course of conversation, “period” can be defined as a point or portion of time at which something is ended; a completion or conclusion of thought. Even though the word has a number of other unrelated meanings, there is unanimity in this definition.
WE EXPECT our political representatives TO BE HONEST! Their WORDS SHOULD MATTER. Yet, we today SUFFER the consequences of having elected a DISHONEST man, someone who said things ONLY for their political impact, regardless of consequence. Political penalties MUST BE PAID for this DISHONESTY by Democrats.
Because of Obama promises made, let us “revisit” the man whose character and trust, we believe, has been REVEALED TO BE SEVERELY FLAWED, even while HALF THE COUNTRY BELIEVED his words, and many STILL support him politically.
CONSIDER THE HONESTY, OR LACK THEREOF OF PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA (periods added where HE intended them)
THE ONE THAT “CAUGHT HIM”
“You can keep your health insurance if you like it, period” and
“You can keep your doctor if you like him, period.”
He “spun” both of these falsehoods as often as he could – MORE THAN 24 TIMES, as he lied himself INTO the Presidency, and INTO a second term, before his deceit was revealed.
But how about these others (I inserted the periods where HE meant them intended):
“I will put legislative deliberations on CSPAN for all to witness, not negotiating behind closed doors, period.”
· “I will scrub the budget line by line, period.”
· “I will close GITMO in a year, period.”
· “I will not take private funding for my campaign, period.”
· “I will spend every waking moment on jobs, period.”
· “Don’t use those chemical weapons or else, period.”
· “I will get to the bottom of the IRS harassment of Conservative groups, period.”
· “I will get to the bottom of the Benghazi attack and will bring ‘those responsible’ to justice, period.”
· “George Bush started Fast and Furious, period.”
· “We do NOT leave ANYONE behind” “That’s not who we are, period.”
· “No family making under $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase, period.”
· “I will sign a universal health care bill into law by the end of my first term as president that will cover every American and cut the cost of a typical family’s premium by up to $2,500 a year, period.”
· “I will FIX the climate, period”
· “I have cut the deficit in HALF in my presidency, period”.
· “It won’t cost a dime, period”
· “I am open to all options on healthcare; but I will spend the next three years insuring that ObamaCare will NOT be repealed, period”.
SUMMARY AND CONCLUSION
NOTHING is more important than TRUST in our elected leaders. Nothing too is more important than our healthcare. We Conservatives are angry, but Democrats should be incensed that THEY TRUSTED his words.
We have no patience with Democrats or our President, as they repeatedly lie to gain support for their anti-American agenda. We must expose their failed policies at every opportunity.
P.S. – We CONSERVATIVES WILL CONTINUE to hold President Obama shamefully responsible for the deaths of four Americans in Benghazi, and for his repeated lies in the cover-up thereafter.
Harry Reid: Obamacare ‘Costs Me About $4,500 More’
Friday, 06 Dec 2013 08:38 PM
By Sandy Fitzgerald
President Barack Obama may have famously promised his signature healthcare plan would cost consumers less money — but Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., is proof that it’s often not true.
“Under Obamacare, my insurance costs me about $4,500 more than it did before,” Reid told the Reno Gazette Journal. “Yes, because it is age-related and it wasn’t like that before.”
Reid, while noting that 150 million families get insurance through their employers, “so should all federal employees.”
Reid’s comments came while he denied a CNN story claiming he is the only top congressional leader to exempt some of his staff from having to buy coverage through the Obamacare exchanges.
“I followed the Affordable Care Act,” Reid said. “It is the law. The law says that if you have committee staff, leadership staff, they stay where they are. If you have other staff, which is most everyone, they go to the exchanges.”
Reid is worth $2.8 to $6.2 million, according to an OpenSecrets.org report, so he would not qualify for subsidies that would lower his Obamacare insurance costs.
But his rate hike is an eye-opener after promises made by people like House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who told Meet the Press last year that “everybody would have lower rates” under Obamacare.
She denied to The Weekly Standard in a later report that she’d made the statement, saying she doesn’t “remember saying that everybody in the country would have a lower premium.”
But a study earlier this year by two members of the American Academy of Actuaries found that tens of millions will see higher insurance costs, reports Forbes, with or without the subsidies — and just like Harry Reid.